Police Retirement - Inspector G.D. Digby
Hertfordshire Mercury, 12th June 1931
Police Retirement. Inspector G.D.Digby , who has been stationed at Hoddesdon for the past three months, retires from the Herts Constabulary tomorrow (Saturday) after twenty-five years’ service. His colleagues in the Force and members of the public will wish him health and happiness in his retirement.
Inspector Digby has proved during his short stay at Hoddesdon to be an efficient and conscientious officer, serving the public with the greatest integrity. His connection with the Force has been practically life-long, for his father served for thirty years, whilst his grandfather was also a man ”in blue”.
During his period of service, Mr Digby has been stationed at Headquarters at Hatfield (where he was promoted to Sergeant), Watford, and Stevenage . He obtained his Inspectorship at Watford , and was transferred to Stevenage seven years ago, afterwards serving two or three years at Hitchin, from which station he came to Hoddesdon.