Special Constable inspection
Hertfordshire Mercury, 5th June 1915
On Sunday evening the Stanstead Abbots section of ‘Specials’, numbering 31, were inspected by the commanding officer of the Herts. Special Constabulary, Major A. St Leger, in Thele Farm meadow. After squad drill the major spoke a few words, thanking the men for the way they had carried out their duties during the last nine months, which had been much appreciated by the authorities. He complimented the section for turning up in full strength, remarking that it was the first section he had inspected that had done so. The section dismissed feeling somewhat proud that they were so ably serving their country.