Pc retires after 32 years’ service
Hertfordshire Mercury, 5th January 1951
P.c. Ernest Phypers retired from the Hertfordshire County Police on Sunday after nearly 32 years’ service .
For the past 15 years he has been stationed at Bishop’s Stortford , where he will continue to live .
He joined the Police on demobilisation from the Royal Inniskilling Dragoons , in which he served from 1914 to 1919 .
P.c. Phypers was stationed at Hertford and Park Street before being transferred to Bishop’s Stortford .